Actions you can take this week:
- Join ArtsEd TN - ArtsEd TN is our statewide coalition to support every child in Tennessee's right to receive curricular, comprehensive arts education provided by licensed professional teachers. Working in conjunction with our colleagues in visual art, dance, and theatre, we can effect meaningful change.
- Encourage others to become arts advocates as well - signing up with ArtsEd TN is free and provides subscribers with regular updates about opportunities to support arts programs and policies.
- Parents and community members with passion for music education should also consider becoming Friends of TMEA, a $10 membership that support's TMEA's efforts to increase opportunities for teachers and music students.
- Send good news to your legislators (templates and legislator look-ups available here). This is a time for us to flood their inboxes with stories of success and the impact of music education on the lives of students. Help us build positive momentum that can lead to action when the next legislative session begins in the spring.
- Use your social media platforms and school accounts to celebrate this week, and encourage your administration to do the same! National hashtags for this week include #ArtsEdWeek and #BecauseOfArtsEd