All-State Instrumental Auditions
Registration and Chair Placement Instructions for Instrumental Ensembles
This information may be downloaded here. It is also posted on the right side of this page under "Documents."
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
***TIMES AND LOCATIONS MAY CHANGE***
3:15 – 5:00pm - Registration (Presidential Lobby)
5:00pm - Meeting for All Audition Workers (Tennessee Ballroom C)
6:00pm - Auditions for all Bands and Orchestras (locations throughout)
Instructions for Directors
- Upon arrival, directors will pick up NAME TAGS from the check in tables in the Presidential Lobby.
- Distribute the name tags to your students. They must have this before registering for auditions!
- If you are an audition worker, don’t forget the meeting at 5:00 PM.
- If you are not currently scheduled to work, please be flexible and willing to assist, if needed.
Instructions for Students
- Upon arrival at Opryland, your director will check-in and pick up All-State NAME TAGS. You must have this before you report for audition registration.
- Report to the Presidential Lobby to sign in and pick up your AUDITION TICKET. Each ensemble will have a registration table. Look for your ensemble to register.
- You have been assigned a unique audition letter. You will only share the letter/ticket with the monitor for your instrument’s audition room. You will sign stating you have received your audition ticket at the audition registration table for your ensemble. Please note: Directors and parents are NOT allowed to pick up the student’s audition ticket. This will be strictly enforced.
- DO NOT LOSE YOUR AUDITION TICKET!
- Do NOT play in the hallways. Only warm up in the designated areas.
- Your audition letter will correspond to a time block. You must report to your audition room at the assigned time. Audition times will be posted in the warm up areas.
- Once you arrive outside your audition room, inform the monitor you are ready to audition. He/She will take your audition ticket. You will not get it back.
- All sections will be asked to play excerpts (as pre-determined by the judges) from the All-State music packets. (Violin 1 will audition using Violin 1 excerpts, Violin 2 will audition using Violin 2 excerpts)' Orchestral Winds and Percussion may be asked to play excerpts from any part (ex. Tpt 1, Tpt 2, etc); All other ensembles/sections will play excerpts from the first parts.
- Students must not congregate around the audition room door. Stand well back. If you can hear the audition in progress, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE!
- When you have finished your audition, you are free to go. When available, audition results will be posted in the warm-up rooms and also on the TMEA EventMobi App. Search “TMEACONF2019” on your app store of choice.
Please review the All-State Ensemble Schedule for rehearsal times and locations.